Friday, May 6, 2011

Movies

One of my favorite movies from 2010 was How to Train Your Dragon. It was an original concept and a highly enjoyable movie to watch. It's also one of those movies that I can watch multiple times without getting sick of it. I loved the story, the dialogue, the animation, and the music. It also triggered wanderlust; now I want to visit Europe/Scandinavian countries more than ever. I first saw it in theaters, and then I received the DVD for my birthday. Read more about the movie here!
{and yes, I know it was based on a book series, but I've never read them and don't plan to}


One of my favorite movies of all time would have to be Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's a tie between 1 and 3. The combination of director Gore Verbinski, composer Hans Zimmer, and actor Johnny Depp is what makes these movies so amazing in my eyes. Throw a little Disney magic into the mix and you've got a movie I will watch every month if need be. Exotic landscapes, supernatural elements, old-fashioned adventure, predictable romance, and a killer soundtrack are almost too much to handle. I first saw POTC 1 in theaters, and then after that I made sure to see the other two on their midnight releases. It also goes without saying that I received the trilogy for Christmas. Here is the link to read more.
{and, as interesting food for thought, the new movie Rango also features the same director/composer/actor combination}


It's fun to watch the movies and count how many times Keira Knightley actually closes her mouth. In the third movie, I think it was closed a grand total of six times.

1 comment: