Friday, May 20, 2011

Internet

I do know someone who is addicted to gaming. But if I started to describe him on this blog, I'd feel bad. So instead, I'll use myself as an example!


I wouldn't go as far as to use the word addicted, but back when AIM was popular, I was definitely obsessed with it. I would sit in front of my computer for hours, wasting time, just to wait for one of my friends to come online. And at the same time, I went on Myspace way too much. I spent hours messing with the HTML on my profile, getting it to look perfect, and making sure I had all my favorite songs on my playlist.

Now that those two things are pretty much dead, there are two runners-up to contend with. One is Facebook, which doesn't pose much of a threat anymore. When I first joined, I would just waste my life sitting there doing nothing in case someone commented on my page. Now I go on in short intervals, just to check up on things, and then I go do something else. Unfortunately, that "something else" is usually my new obsession, Minecraft. I don't know what the free version's like, but if you pay for it, it's definitely very addicting. I end up staying up way later than I had planned because I keep finding new things to do in this game, or getting new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Minecraft looks totally cute! I could definitely become addicted.

    ReplyDelete